Monday, April 11, 2011

While You Were Fighting: Day 1







Today I finally connected with Sarah Fulton and spent part of the morning photographing a bit of her life. Her husband Jordan is an infantryman serving in Afghanistan and has only been back once for two weeks in, I believe, the last year. Sarah has been raising their three daughters Juliana, Gabrielle, and Esther in a small apartment near Elim Bible Institute where she and Jordan met over ten years ago. They've moved all over the country and moved back to Lima where Sarah grew up. 

 Gabrielle is a bit of a handful and Esther's taken to screaming- something Sarah attributes to being the third child. I can't disagree simply because the family I lived with in Tanzania last summer had three kids and Paul Paul was the "shrieker creature". Charming. 

When I told her, "Sarah, I can't believe you do this every day," she responded, "It's like that movie Groundhog Day, you get up and do the same thing over again, everyday." But she does it with a smile and is one of the best moms I've ever seen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment