Thursday, March 3, 2011

Maha Shivarathri








From 7:30PM last night until 8AM this morning I was photographing the Sri Vidya Temple Society's Maha Shivarathri Festival. That's a mouthful. It was beautiful, long, and I had almost no idea what was going on. There were large periods of time where I heard nothing but chants in Sanskrit but I know it had to do with the faithful seeking lord Shiva's blessing. They came from hundreds of miles away, many from Toronto, to worship and celebrate together. These selects don't tell the best story but they're my favourites. 

This is actually my favourite post so far. I was technically limited since I opted to go without flash and all I own is a 5D Mark II (which is so nice) and my first lens that I got when I was 16. The autofocus is busted so it was fun to shoot old school. By the end my eye for quick focusing had drastically improved and I was grateful to have such excellent vision. It was just a lens, a body and my eyeballs reddened from the incense and smoke. Plus, they had some really good finger food. 

Canon 5D Mark II, 50mm 1:8

No comments:

Post a Comment